Natural help for any activities2019-10-25
Frozen Midori honey melon cocktail2019-12-23
Sugar free Vanilla and Passion Fruit Pavlova
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes + 6 hours
For the Pavlova:
- 2 tbsp flour (if gluten free is preferred, use corn flour)
- 6 large egg whites (room temperature) – reserve the egg yolks for the curd!
- ¾ cup stevia
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp Bolero Vanilla
For the whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste*
- 1/4 cup stevia
- passion fruit curd**
- 1 cup fresh forest fruits
- 1 tbsp Bolero Vanilla
* if you would like to use a home-made vanilla paste, you need the following ingredients too:
- 30 vanilla beans *
- 3 tbsp Bolero Vanilla
- 1⅔ cups vegetable glycerine
** * if you would like to use a home-made passion fruit curd, you need the following ingredients too:
- 6 large eggs
- 120 g butter
- 1/2 cup of stevia
- 1 cup of passion fruit pulp
- 2 tbsp Bolero Passion Fruit
It makes around 2 cups / 500ml.
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 150 C.
- Draw a 20 cm circle in the middle of baking paper and place it on the baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks start to form (approximately 6 minutes).
- Add in the stevia slowly.
- Scrape off the sides, then whip on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in Bolero Vanilla and the white vinegar and whip on high speed for another 2 minutes.
- Riddle the flour and immix until completely combined.
- Take a tiny bit of the meringue and grease it under the corners of the baking paper to stick it to the baking sheet.
- Spoon out the meringue into the middle of the circle on the baking paper.
- Spread the meringue to about 1 cm away from the edges of the circle and build up the meringue to about 12-15 cms high on the sides, using an upwards motion with the spatula.
- Place it into the oven and immediately lower the heat to 120C.
- Bake it for 1 hr 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat let it cool completely before removing from the oven.
- While the pavlova is being baked, make the vanilla paste, the whipped cream and the passion fruit curd.
- Chop up the vanilla beans.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree them until the consistency becomes smooth.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the mixture inside.
- Press on the vanilla bean “pulp” to get as much liquid out as possible.
PASSION FRUIT CURD:
- Heat the juice, butter and stevia in a heavy-bottomed pot until stevia dissolves and it reaches its boiling point.
- Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool slightly (about 3 minutes).
- Beat the eggs until a fluffy consistency in a bowl and then very quickly, whisking all the time, add them to the hot juice.
- Place the curd back on the heat and whisk constantly until the mixture becomes thick.
- Allow it to cool.
- Pour the heavy cream into a bowl and whip it almost to the point when stiff peaks start to form.
- Add in the vanilla bean paste and the 1/4 cup of stevia.
- Keep it in the fridge until it’s ready to use.
- Once the pavlova is cooled, carefully remove it from the baking paper and place it on a serving plate.
- Top with the whipped cream.
- Spoon about 2/3 of a cup of the passion fruit curd over the top of the whipped cream.
- Place the fresh forest fruits on the top of the cake and sprinkle it with stevia.